Friday 1 November 2013

Chocolate Oats Ladoo

Wow... I am writing my 100th post today... and I wanted to post something that I am crazy about. And that has to be chocolate. During my pregnancy i used to eat atleast one bar everyday... i know its too much but I had cravings for dark and bitter chocolate. I ate to my heart's content coz I had an excuse... Now looking back, I really don't know how i could eat so many. Anyways, coming back to recipe, wanted to make something with chocolate. Diwali is round the corner, so i thought why not make traditional indian sweet with chocolate. But chocolate alone will be too much, so i added oats so that it gives texture and adds much needed crunch. If you wish you can add dry fruits. I wanted to avoid it as it is already loaded with goodness( u know what I mean, yep Calories). This is one quick and easy ladoo recipe. This is Chocolate Oats Ladoo... Enjoy... Happy cooking...




Ingredients:

Compound dark chocolate - 200 gms

Khoya - 150 gms
Butter/Ghee - 75 gms
Sugar - 1/2 cup(add as per your taste, I used powdered)
Oats - 1 1/2 cup

Method:



In a mixing bowl add chocolate and melt it using a double boiler.


Add butter and sugar to the chocolate and mix till they all bind together. Keep aside.


In a kadhai, add oats. Roast till they are golden brown, keep aside.



In the same kadhai, add khoya and roast till it is golden color. 



 Now add the oats to the mava mixture. Mix well.



Now mix this mava mixture to the chocolate mixture until it comes together.Grease your hands with ghee. Divide mixture into equal portions and shape them into laddoos.




In a mixing bowl add chocolate and melt it using a double boiler. Add butter and sugar to the chocolate and mix till they all bind together. Keep aside.

In a kadhai, add oats. Roast till they are golden brown, keep aside. In the same kadhai, add khoya and roast till it is golden color.  Now add the oats to the mava mixture. Mix well.
Now mix this mava mixture to the chocolate mixture until it comes together.Grease your hands with ghee. Divide mixture into equal portions and shape them into laddoos. Store them in an air tight container and keep them in refrigerator.

Only Diwali treats
Nivedhanam & Pari's page

3 comments:

  1. Very innovative tasty dish and congrats on your 100th post; keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laddu looks delecious, happy diwali :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is so tempting!!! Thanks for sending this yummy recipe to my event.. Looking for more yummy recipes...

    Sowmya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...