Monday, 2 September 2013

Atta aur Gur ka halwa

Its my DH birthday and since I could not make cake, I thought I should make something that he will love. Hence I surprised him with Atta aur Gur ka halwa. I used gur (jaggery/vellam) instead of sugar. If you wish you can add sugar. I remember eating atta ke halwa in Golden temple and it was amazing. It had loads of ghee... I though of making it the same way hence I used ghee in good quantity.  However if you wish you can adjust the quantity of ghee according to your taste. Hope you try it... Happy Cooking...








Ingredients:

Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Ghee - 1/2 cup
Jaggery - 1/2 cup
Dry fruits - 1/2 cup
Water - approx 1 1/2 cup

Method:



In a thick bottom vessel heat ghee.


Now add wheat flour and roast until they are brown.


 Add dry fruits and roast for another 5 minutes. 


Now add jaggery powder and mix well. 


Add water and mix well and cook until ghee leaves its sides.




In a thick bottom vessel heat ghee. Now add wheat flour and roast until they are brown. Add dry fruits and roast for another 5 minutes. Now add jaggery powder and mix well. Add water and mix well and cook until ghee leaves its sides.
Serve hot/warm.

Sending this recipe to cookingwithsj
Sweet Celebration


http://cutchikitchen.com/100th_Post_GiveAway.html

Sending this recipe to Priyas Virundhu , Gayathris cookspot for WTML

6 comments:

  1. New dish to me.. I am sure it wud have tasted yumm.. I am making this.. Bday wishes to ur DH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tinku... even I was introduced to this post marriage. It is made in every household in North India.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking this recipe to my giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely and delicious Halwa dear...
    Thanks for linking it to the wtml event dear, waiting for more delicious and lovely entries from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make it many a times in my kitchen!!! Loved this one...Thanks for linking it to my event dear :) Stay connected via comments n likes :)

    And yes, one more on-going event awaits for your entries:

    http://cookingwithsj.com/bachelor-cooking/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...