Friday 12 July 2013

Spiced Eggplant Rice

This is my version of Vangi Bhath. Its a specialty dish of Karnataka. But I added my twist and made it healthy.You actually don't need any accompaniment but Raita will be good. As I told in my previous post that I am a big fan of one pot meal, this is also one of them. I added chickpeas(kabuli chana) but if you have brown chickpeas(kale chana) even that will do. So enjoy and happy cooking.




Ingredients:

Brown Rice – 1 Cup(soaked for 1 hour)
Brinjal/Eggplant – 2
Chickpeas – ¼ cup(soaked and drained)
Whole Garam Masala – as required(Cloves, Cardamom, Peppercorns, Bayleaf)
Green Chilli – 2
Onion – 1 medium
Corriander powder – 1 tbsp
Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp

Salt as required

Method:

In a pan add oil and add whole spices, green
chilli and onion.
Now add coriander powder, cumin powder.

Now add diced brinjal, chick peas and rice.
Add salt according to taste. Now cook the rice
until done


In a pan add oil and add whole spices, green chilli and onion. Let it sauté for a minute. Now add coriander powder, cumin powder. Now add diced brinjal, chick peas and rice. Add salt according to taste. Now cook the rice until done. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...