Friday 19 July 2013

Masala Idly(Chennai Style)

I still remember my mom used to make idly upma with the leftover idly. So I got the inspiration to make these from there. Ofcourse I added my twist by including my version of Milagai podi to this. This is a great snack and does not need any accompaniment.  It tasted yum.. I hope you will enjoy as well. Happy cooking:



Ingredients:

Leftover Idly – 8-10
Onion – 1 medium
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – ½ tbsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
Curry leaves – 7-8
Corriander leaves – 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste

Method:

In a kadhai add oil, mustard seeds
and cumin seeds
Add chopped onions and curry leaves and
sautee

Add chilli powder and turmeric powder
Add milagai podi and mix well

Add idly cubes
Mix well and finally add coriander leaves


Cut leftover idly into cubes and keep it aside.

In a kadhai heat oil and add mustard and cumin seeds and let it splutter. Now add chopped onions and curry leaves and sauté for a minute. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder and milagai podi and mix well. Adjust seasoning(remember idly and milagai podi has salt in it). Now add idly cubes and mix thoroughly. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. looks amazing!!! perfect for lunchbox!! thanks for linking this to my event..

    Sowmya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...