Tuesday 9 July 2013

Coconut Kulfi

So here I am posting my first sweet recipe. Coconut is used a lot in my mom's cooking. I love the Pradaman she makes during Onam(I will post that recipe later). I love the use of coconut milk in that dish. It adds a distinct flavor and enhances the dish. It gives a silky touch and oh my god my mouth is already watering. I am drooling as I am writing this. OK, now coming back to this dish, I thought how else can I use the milk, and thought of making kulfi. This is my first attempt and trust me, its yummylicious. I hope you give it a try...
Happy Cooking...





Ingredients:

Coconut Milk – 400 ml(first pressed milk)
Condensed milk – 150 ml
Corn flour – 2 tbsp
Almond powder – 2 tbsp(heaped)
Desiccated coconut – 2 tbsp(heaped)

Desiccated coconut mixed with powdered sugar – for garnishing

Method:

In a pan add condensed milk on medium flame.
Add coconut milk and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes
         
Add a little water to corn flour and mix it without any lumps.
Pour this corn flour mix to the boiling mixture.
 
Add Almond powder and desiccated coconut and let it cool.
            
Pour the kulfi mixture into Kulfi moulds and refrigerate for 2 hours



In a pan add condensed milk on medium flame. Add coconut milk and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes. You can see the coconut milk coming together with condensed milk. Now add a little water to corn flour and mix it without any lumps. Pour this corn flour mix to the boiling mixture. Keep stirring for another 5 minutes. You can actually see the mixture thickening. Now remove from flame and add almond powder and desiccated coconut. Let the mixture cool to room temperature. Once cooled down, pour this mixture into kulfi moulds and let it set in refrigerator for couple of hours.
Unmould the kulfi and roll it in the desiccated coconut mixed with sugar and serve immediately.
Chilled coconut kulfi is ready.



sending this to Lets cook with coconut

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...